Pasta for dinner is always a good idea! This recipe for roasted red pepper and chicken pasta is a family favorite that everyone will love! Made in your favorite Kitchen Charm cookware this pasta comes together quickly and tastes delicious!
This recipe uses jarred roasted red peppers that add tons of flavor and healthy nutrients. You can find jars of roasted red peppers in the grocery store next to the olives.
This recipe uses a small amount of the water your pasta cooks in to mix with tomato paste, oregano, and garlic to make the sauce. At the end of cooking you’ll add in a little bit of butter and cream cheese to get a lovely creamy finish that makes this recipe taste more decadent than it actually is. We love that!
Roasted Red Pepper & Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 lb (or 1/2 box) Pasta
- 6oz Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Tenderloins, diced into pieces
- 1 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Cook Pasta. Fill 2/3 of the 4-quart Dutch Oven with water, cover with the Redi-Temp® valve open and cook at medium-high heat until the valve whistles (about 7 minutes). Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente; reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water then drain with colander.
- In a medium bowl mix together the tomato paste, minced or grated garlic, pasta water, 1/2 tsp salt and oregano. Set aside for step 3.
- Cook Chicken. Preheat 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating. Add chicken pieces to pan in one layer. Place lid on ajar and cook for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and then place lid on with Redi Temp valve closed. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid, add the roasted bell peppers and pour tomato paste mixture over the chicken and stir. Place lid on with Redi-Temp valve closed and cook for 4 minutes. Add cream cheese and 1 Tablespoon butter, stir until they have melted and combined with the rest of the sauce.
- Mix in pasta and top with parmesan to serve. Enjoy!