It’s about that time of year that the NFL playoffs and the NCAA College Football Bowl Season are beginning, so make sure you have the perfect salsa to pass at your football party!
- Chef’s Knife
- 2-quart Mixing Bowl
Preparation time: 20 minutes Yield: 8 servings (¼ cup each)
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Jalapeño peppers, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Cut vegetables according to the instructions, using the Chef’s Knife. Mix all ingredients in the 2-quart Mixing Bowl. Use immediately or refrigerate and use within 4 to 5 hours.
Chef’s Note: A delicious treat with only 18 calories per serving!