Culinary Tools: Chef’s Knife, 3-quart Mixing Bowl, 12” Gourmet Skillet with cover, Carving Knife, Square Griddle
- ½ pound sirloin steak
- ½ cup green bell pepper strips
- ½ cup red bell pepper strips
- ½ cup onion strips
- ½ cup Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup low-fat Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 (10”) whole wheat tortillas
Using the Chef’s knife, cut vegetables according to the instructions. In the 3-quart mixing bowl, season steak with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat 12” gourmet skillet at medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add steak and place the cover ajar. Cook for 6 minutes, turn steak, and cover skillet in the same way. Cook for 5 more minutes and move steak to a cutting board.
In the same skillet, add all the vegetables and stir frequently for 5 minutes. In the meantime, cut steak into ½” wide strips using the Carving knife. Return these strips to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 minutes in order for the flavors to blend. Turn off stove.
Preheat Square Griddle at low heat for 3 minutes. Warm each tortilla for 1 minute (30 seconds per side). Remove and fill the tortillas with an equal portion of meat and a quarter cup of shredded Pepper Jack cheese. Roll them while folding the sides in order to prevent the filling from falling out. Please them back on the griddle for about 30 seconds.