- 3 TBL Canola oil, divided
- 2 cups Self-rising Corn Meal Mix
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 can Cream Corn
- Spray Pam
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. Add milk, egg, sour cream, cream corn and oil. Mix until well blended. Spray square baking dish with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes.
Chef’s Note: This recipe makes two cornbread loaves. One for the stuffing and one for a side dish.
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 pan of Cornbread (recipe above)
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. each Fresh herb: Sage and Thyme
- Pinch of Sea Salt & pepper
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté celery and onion in butter until tender; combine with remaining ingredients. Toss lightly until thoroughly mixed.
- Batch #1: Set aside for the pork.
- Batch #2: Put in an 10.5” skillet and bake 20 minutes.
- 2 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbl olive oil
Porkloin Prep and Procedure: Butterfly the pork loin and lay flat. Spread dressing over the entire surface of the pork loin and roll up like a jelly roll. Secure with kitchen string.
Rub olive oil over entire tenderloin and brown all sides in 10.5” skillet on medium high heat for about 3 minutes per side. Add lid and reduce heat to medium. When the valve whistles close and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove pork from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBL beef base
- 1 ½ Cups heavy cream
- Pinch of fresh chopped sage
- Pinch of fresh chopped thyme
- ¼ Cup roux
Roux Procedure: Put butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave butter to melt. Stir flour into melted butter. This is a roux.
In the same skillet porkloin was cooked in make the gravy. On medium heat add water, beef base and cream, stir until it comes to a slow simmer. Add roux to thicken. Add a pinch of fresh sage and fresh thyme. Heat for an additional 5 minutes.