- Chef’s Knife
- Round Grill
- Filet Knife
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- 2 (8-ounce) tuna filets
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 cup fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons onion, minced
- Hard crackers or bread slices (optional)
With the Chef’s Knife, cut all the vegetables according to the instructions on the ingredients’ list.
Pre-heat the Round Grill at medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Lightly grease the tuna filets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place them on the Grill and cook each side for 2 minutes. Remove and let cool off for 5 minutes. Using the Filet Knife cut tuna into one-inch cubes.
In the 3-quart Mixing Bowl, combine the remaining olive oil with lime juice, capers, orange zest, Dijon mustard, jalapeño, tomato, basil, garlic, parsley and onion; mix ingredients well. Add the tuna to the mixing bowl; cover and let marinate for 1 hour. Serve with crackers or bread slices.