- 4-quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- 10½-inch Skillet with Cover
- Chef’s Knife
- 1-quart Mixing Bowl
- 1 pound chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ medium onion, peeled (2 ounces)
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (7.6-ounce) can low-fat table cream (only 1/2 can will be used)
- ½ cup nonfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
Fill half of the 4-quart Dutch Oven with water. Add chicken breasts, garlic cloves and onion; cover and cook at medium-high heat with the Redy-cook valve open.
When the valve whistles, add salt to taste and stir. Cover Dutch Oven again, close the valve and reduce temperature to low; cook for 15 minutes. Set chicken broth aside.
When chicken breasts have cooled down, shred them and place them in the 10½-inch Skillet. Divide broccoli into florets and slice the stems with the Chef’s Knife; place them over the chicken. Pour ¼ cup of the reserved broth.
In the 1-quart Mixing Bowl, combine cream of mushroom with half can table cream. Spread this mixture over the chicken and broccoli. Top with nonfat mozzarella cheese and sprinkle breadcrumbs.
Cover and cook at medium temperature with the Redy-cook valve open. When it whistles, close it and turn heat off if you have an electric stove. If you have a gas stove, let dish cook for 5 extra minutes and turn heat off.