Take a classic sandwich and give it a twist with this recipe for sun dried tomato chicken salad. It’s SO simple, only a few ingredients and you’re going to love the delicious flavor! It’s perfect for a family gathering or to take to work for lunch.
The first step to make sun dried tomato chicken salad is to cook the chicken breasts the waterless way! Season chicken with salt and pepper and then Pre heat your 10.5” skillet on medium high for 3 minutes. When water beads up and dances around the pan is ready.
Next you’ll place your chicken breasts in the preheated pan and place the lid on ajar.
Set a time and cook with the lid on ajar for 5 minutes.
Next you’ll flip the chicken and put the lid on again, ajar, and cook for 4 minutes.
To finish cooking the chicken flip the breasts one more time, lower the heat to medium-low and cook with the lid on and Redi-Temp valve closed for 4 minutes. Let the chicken cool and then shred for the chicken salad.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Salad
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 7oz container of Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 6-8 Ciabatta Buns
- 6-8 Slices of Gouda
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Pre heat 10.5” skillet on medium high for 3 minutes. When water beads up and dances around the pan is ready.
- Add chicken and put lid on ajar. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken, return lid to skillet ajar and then cook an additional 4 min.
- Flip chicken one last time, place lid on with Redi-Temp valve closed and lower heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Let chicken cool and then shred.
- Combine your shredded chicken with the can of sun-dried tomato pesto and sour cream. Stir until full combined. Place in the fridge until ready to make the sandwiches.
- To assemble your sandwiches toast the ciabatta buns in your toaster or in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes. Place a slice of cheese, the chicken salad and spinach on the bun. Serve and Enjoy!