Chocolate Covered Bride and Groom Strawberries Are you a DIY bride who’s looking for a little something extra for your bridesmaid luncheon or bridal party breakfast? Do you love those adorable strawberries that are dipped in chocolate and dressed up to look like brides and grooms…We do! Our confection specialist Janet Castillo shows you how to make these yummy show stopping confections…No training required just strawberries, chocolate and an I can do that attitude. Here are a few helpful hints to make your strawberry dipping a success.
- Start by rinsing your strawberries and letting them completely draw on paper towels. Even a few drops of water can cause your chocolate not to stick.
- For a little extra ease in dipping the strawberries stick tooth picks in the stem end of the strawberry. One of the things we like about this method is you can achieve a smoother all around consistent surface to the chocolate. Once you have dipped the strawberry in the chocolate you insert the tooth pick into a piece of styrofoam (1ft X 1ft) for drying.
- If you don’t go with the above method for drying; when you place your strawberries on the waxed paper they will have a tendency to puddle beneath the strawberries leaving them flat and spread out from the chocolate pooling. To avoid this simple pick the strawberry up after a minute and move it to another location. This will really help the pooling situation.
- To make sure your chocolate has hardened completely put your strawberries in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- For dipping anything we love Ghirardelli melting wafers. They come in white and a milk chocolate.
- Be sure to read the directions for melting the chocolate to achieve the best results.
Enjoy watching Janet walk you through how to make these adorable bride and groom chocolate covered strawberries. Life is Delicious