- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- 1-quart Milk Warmer
- 2-quart Combination Unit
- 3-quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- Filet Knife
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In the bowl, mix all ingredients except sugar.
- Add sugar to the 1-quart Milk Warmer. Cook at medium heat for 3 minutes while stirring constantly, or until sugar dissolves and caramelizes.
- Immediately transfer caramelized sugar to 2-quart Combination Unit, and spread well to cover the base. Evenly pour pumpkin mixture on top.
- In the 3-quart Dutch Oven, add 2 cups water and cover with the Redy-cook® valve open. Heat water at medium-high temperature until the valve whistles (about 4 minutes). Remove cover.
- Cover combination unit with aluminum foil, and carefully place it on top of the 3-quart Dutch Oven. Reduce temperature to low, place cover with the valve closed and cook for 45 minutes.
- Cool down at room temperature for 1 hour, and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once custard is cold, carefully run a knife around the edge to loosen from combination unit. Transfer to a plate and serve cold.
Chef’s note: You may enjoy another flavor by replacing pumpkin purée with the same quantity of cream cheese.