- 4-quart Dutch Oven
- Junior Steamer/Colander
- Chef’s Knife
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl with cover
- ½ cup whole wheat wagon wheel pasta, cooked, drained
- ½ (19-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- ¾ cups green peppers, small diced
- 1/6 cup green onions, minced
- ¼ cup low fat balsamic dressing
- ½ tablespoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup low fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded (1 ounce)
In the 4-quart Dutch Oven add 8 cups of water and bring to boil for about 6 minutes at medium-high heat. Add pasta with tablespoon of salt (optional) and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain in the Junior Steamer/Colander and set aside.
With the Chef’s Knife, cut tomatoes, green peppers, and green onions. Drain and rinse black beans. Mix cooked pasta, beans, and all vegetables in the 3-quart Mixing Bowl. Add dressing, mix well, and cover the mixing bowl. Refrigerate for a few hours or during the night. When ready to serve, add shredded cheese and mix a little bit.
Chef’s Note: This delicious summer treat only has 143 calories per serving!