- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- 10½-inch Skillet with Cover
- 4-quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- Junior Steamer/Colander
- cups tomato, cubed
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo (you will use 1 tablespoon of its juice/sauce)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Mariana Sauce Procedure:
- In the 10½ -inch Skillet, add all ingredients, except for pasta; cover with the Redy-cook® valve open and cook at medium-high heat until the valve whistles (7 minutes approximately). Reduce temperature to low and, when the valve stops whistling, close it and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Carefully blend until you get a thick consistency.
- Fill 2/3 of the 4-quart Dutch Oven with water, cover with the Redy-cook® valve open and cook at medium-high heat until the valve whistles (about 7 minutes). Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente; drain with Junior Steamer/Colander.
- Combine pasta with marinara sauce, and serve.
Chef’s Note: The sauce used in this recipe is spicy. If you prefer a milder version, reduce the quantity of chipotle chile adobo and crushed red pepper.