How to Peel Kiwi Fruit
We think we have found the emerald green jeweled fruit…the tropical fruit, kiwi. The thin fuzzy, furry brown exterior skin of this fruit holds the beautiful, sweet and brilliantly refreshing green inside of the fruit hostage. Its green flesh is almost creamy in consistency with the deliciously pleasing taste reminiscent of strawberries, melons and bananas, yet with its own unique sweet flavor.
If you’ve shied away from purchasing and eating one of these gems because you were too intimated by how fussy they are to peel, relax, we have you covered and we promise they’ll become a staple on your grocery list after you watch this video from Dinner4Two by Kitchen Charm, how to peel a kiwi fruit video. It’s so easy!
With our special peeling technique, kiwis will become a sweet adventure versus a tedious and dreaded task. Begin by cutting off each end of the kiwi. Next, gently slide a spoon between the flesh and the skin. Slowly rotate the spoon around the kiwi to loosen the skin from the flesh. The meat of the kiwi will just slip away from it’s skin. Now this delectable fruit is freed and ready for slicing.
Kiwi is one of those super foods packed with all kinds of “good for you stuff.” Here’s the 411 on this super food.
Kiwi is packed with more Vitamin C than an equivalent amount of an orange. One whole fruit is only a sweet 42 calories. It’s packed with Phytonutrients that protect the body’s DNA. When it comes to providing a daily dose of nutrients here’s how the emerald green jewel stacks up…
• Vitamin C 85%
• Vitamin K 31%
• Fiber 10%
• Vitamin E 7%
• Potassium 6%
• Manganese 4%
• Foliate 4%
Here’s a few quick and simple ideas for serving Kiwi…There’re not just for fruit salad.
• Kiwi fruit is so delicious, they can be eaten as is.
• Add kiwi fruit to tossed green salads.
• Serve sliced kiwi fruit and strawberries, both fruits flavors are naturally complementary and top with your favorite yogurt.
• Mix sliced kiwi fruit, oranges and pineapples together to make chutney that can be served as an accompaniment to chicken or fish.
• For a refreshing chilled summer soup blend kiwi fruit and cantaloupe in a food processor. For a creamy consistency, blend yogurt in with the fruit mixture.
• Kiwi fruit are perfect for fruit tarts.
As you can see this little 3 inch fruit is a delicious gem that should be enjoyed and deserves a place in your fruit bowl. Add it into your fruit buying rotation to add variety to your kitchen.
Life is Delicious