- 6-Quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- 8” Skillet
- Chef’s Knife
- 10 ounces turkey breast, shredded
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 3 large green bell peppers
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups canned, chopped stewed tomatoes (drained)
- 3 ounces low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
With the Chef’s Knife cut off the tops of the bell peppers and discard the seeds; rinse well. Put them into the Dutch Oven with the water. Cover and leave the Redy-cook valve open. Cook over medium heat until the valve whistles. Close the valve and turn off the stove. Remove the peppers and let them rest.
Preheat the skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, add onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add shredded turkey, rice and tomato; cook for 3 minutes.
Spoon the turkey mixture into the peppers. Make sure there is still water in the Dutch Oven before adding the peppers back in. Return them to the Dutch Oven and top with cheese and bread crumbs; drizzle with olive oil. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes; close the valve, the cover should float and spin freely when the vapor seal is properly formed. Garnish each pepper with parsley.