What would Halloween be without a few batty treats; especially when they’re covered in chocolate? Who can resist that batty marriage of chocolate and peanut butter…not us! These Nutter Butter bat cookies will steal the show as they fly off the plate when served at your Halloween get togethers. Take them to the office and watch as your friends marvel at your creative Halloween talent
We want to give a big shout out to Ghirardelli’s Candy Making and Dipping Wafers. They’re absolutely fantastic to work with. They have the creamiest smooth consistency of any melting wafers we have worked with that doesn’t requiring tempering. They also have a lot more chocolate flavor. According to Ghirardelli, their candy & dipping wafers “will make any cook a master of confectionery crations.” You can find these in the baking isle at Walmart.
- Chocolate melting pieces – We like Ghirardelli Candy & dipping wafers.
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Hersey’s chocolate kisses
- Mini chocolate chips
- Googley eyes – we got these at a bakery supply store and they can easily be found at craft stores in their cake decorating isles.
- Waxed paper
- Q tips
1. Melt your Chocolate according to the package directions.
2. Unwrap your Kisses and cut off the tip at the base so they will lay flat
3. Dip cookie half way in melted chocolate. Lay on wax paper. Add Kiss with the cut side down and smooth flat side up before chocolate has a chance to harden.
4. Dip Q tip in melted chocolate and take mini chocolate chip and swipe across Q tip so a small amount of melted chocolate is on the bottom. Stick it on the bat head for ears.
5. Dip Q tip in melted chocolate and swipe backside of eyes and adhere to head.
Have Fun! Life is Delicious!