Culinary Tools: Chef’s Knife, Junior Steamer/Colander, 3-quart Mixing Bowl with Cover, Paring Knife
- ½ pound medium frozen shrimps (cooked, peeled, deveined, and tail off)
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced into juliennes
- 1 Teaspoons oregano, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Jalapeno, deveined, pitted, and minced
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces avocado
- Salt and white ground pepper to taste
With the Chef’s Knife, cut cilantro, onion and oregano according to the instructions. Using the same knife, devein, remove seeds, and mince Jalapeno.
Thaw cooked shrimp following the package directions. Once thawed, drain them well in the Junior Steamer/Colander. Put shrimp in the 3-quart Mixing Bowl; add cilantro, onion, oregano, jalapeno, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and white pepper. Mix all ingredients well and cover. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
With the Paring Knife, peel and cube avocado. Add these cubes to marinated shrimps before serving.
2 thoughts on “Shrimp with Avocado”
This Shrimp and Avocado recipe is quick and easy and really popular with family and friends alike. For a bit of color try adding some diced tomatoes, it’s light, refreshing, and tasty. Enjoy !!!
Chef Mario Cantarell
Thanks for the hint Mario!
Comments are closed.