- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- 10½-inch Skillet
- 5-quart Mixing Bowl
- 1-quart Mixing Bowl
- Double Griddle
- 8 medium Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese (1 cup)
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut ingredients with the Chef’s Knife. Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the skillet and preheat at medium-high for 3 minutes or until oil is very hot. Add turkey (previously seasoned with salt and pepper to taste) and minced garlic. Cook for 7 minutes at medium heat, while stirring. Turn off the stove.
- In the 5-quart bowl, add cooked turkey (without liquid), mascarpone cheese, half gorgonzola cheese, oregano and breadcrumbs. Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. With a cooking brush, cover with oil both sides of the mushrooms.
- Spread remaining oil to cover the griddle. Preheat at medium-high for 2 minutes. Place mushrooms and slightly brown each side for about 3 minutes; reduce heat if griddle is smoking. Turn off the stove and place mushrooms on cutting board.
- Carefully stuff mushrooms with turkey mixture and top with remaining gorgonzola cheese. Place stuffed mushrooms back on the griddle. Bake for 10 minutes and serve immediately.
CHEF TIP: This recipe goes great with the delicious “Grilled Asparagus”.