- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- 20-quart Stock Pot with Cover
- Double Griddle
- 1 (10-pound) whole turkey, boned
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 pounds tomatoes, whole
- 1 pound husk tomatoes (tomatillos)
- 2 guajillos chiles, stem removed and seeded
- 1 ancho chile, stem removed and seeded
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- ¼ cup sweet pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons annatto powder (achiote en polvo)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt to taste
- Remove and discard the giblets and neck of the turkey. Using the Cleaver, cut turkey up into parts.
- In the 20-quart Stock Pot, pour 4 liters of water and add turkey, white onion and garlic. Cover with the Redy-cook® valve open and cook at medium-high for 28 minutes, or until valve whistles. Reduce temperature to medium, and when the valve stops whistling, close it and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Preheat the Double Griddle at medium-high for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, husk tomatoes and chiles; grill for 5 minutes on all sides.
- Blend cooked onions (left in the pot) with 1 cup of the broth, grilled vegetables, green onion, cloves and sweet pepper. Pour this blend back into the pot; add bouillon cubes, annatto powder and breadcrumbs; stir well. Cover with the valve closed and cook at medium heat for 10 minutes. Add mint leaves, cilantro, cinnamon and salt to taste; cover with the valve closed and cook for 10 more minutes. Serve with white rice, chopped cilantro and onion.