We all know about the traditional parties for a bride before her big day; an engagement party, bridal shower and bachelorette party. Now there’s a new party up the rise…The Honeymoon Shower.
Honeymoon showers seems to be the newest trend for brides looking to combine their bridal shower and bachelorette party, or those who aren’t interested in a bachelorette party at all. So what happens at these Honeymoon Showers?! Lucky brides-to-be get to celebrate her recent engagement and upcoming wedding by getting all the essentials for her dream honeymoon.
If you’re looking for your maidens to throw you the Honeymoon Shower of year…or decade…make sure they follow these steps:
- Set the theme! Your maidens need to know where you and your groom are headed so they can be sure to have the details set and get the right gifts. After all, who wants ski socks when you’re headed to the Maldives?!
- Don’t forget the music. Set the background music to match the destination – a little Bob Marley for a Jamaican destination, possibly a bit of Andrea Bocelli for a romantic Italian getaway, or a perfect mix of Celine Dion, Justin Bieber, and Joni Mitchell for the Nova Scotia ski trip!
- FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! If you’re having a theme party, you need to make sure the theme stretches across the board – it’s essential. Need ideas?! Visit us at www.dinner4two.com or send us an email and we’d be happy to assist – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up an envelope station. Between all the events that you’re going to have…you’re hand is going be tired from those thank you notes. If you’re maidens set up a station where guests address their own envelopes, it’ll save you time and make it easy to get their addresses!
- Don’t be afraid to give out your size. Your friends don’t love you because of you figure…they would never judge. So be sure that you give out your size so your guests can pick out the perfect swimsuit for the beach, your private Jacuzzi or those late night hot tub moments!
Brides, don’t be afraid to ask you party for a Honeymoon Shower. Honeymoons are expensive enough as it is so if you can have a little help filling your suitcase or booking that romantic couples massage…do it!
Happy Wedding Planning!