- 1 medium yellow onion; quartered
- 5 green onions
- 1 medium finger of ginger, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic; peeled
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ cup whole allspice berries
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 Scotch bonnet peppers or habanero peppers
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Juice of 2 limes
- 10 chicken wings
- 4 chicken thighs
Place all marinade ingredients in a blender and pulse about 10 – 15 times. Reserve ½ of the marinade.
Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour remaining marinade into the bag. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours. Grill or sauté in a pan until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Coat the chicken with the reserve marinade while cooking.
Chef’s Note: For a less spicy marinade use ½ the amount of peppers.
Comments are closed.