- 12-inch Gourmet Pan with Cover
- Round Grill
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- Chef’s Knife
- Carving Knife
- ½ pound sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch long strips
- ½ onion, cut into strips
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Juice from ½ lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1 (10-inch) spinach tortillas (green)
- 1 (10-inch) tomato tortillas (red)
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortillas (white)
- 1 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the steak with the Carving Knife; on a different cutting board, cut onion and green bell pepper using the Chef’s Knife. Preheat the 12-inch Gourmet Skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and stir constantly for 5 minutes; leave the cover half-open. Add the onion strips, green bell pepper and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes at low heat. Turn off the stove.
Preheat the Round Grill at medium heat. Then reduce the temperature to medium-low and warm up each tortilla for 15 seconds per side; remove them from the grill and spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole and 1/2 teaspoon of nonfat sour cream. Add a portion of the meat and 1/2 tablespoon of shredded cheese; roll up each tortilla and return them to the grill for about 1 minute per side. Remove and cut each tortilla into three pieces. When serving, alternate the colors – green, white, and red.
Chef’s Note: Make sure you serve your Tri-Color Quesadillas with a side of our homemade guacamole!