- Paring Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Royal Cutter (Cone #2)
- 5-quart Mixing Bowl with Cover
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl with Cover
- Cookie Sheet (7-piece Bakeware Set)
- 12 big eggplants (3 lb)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup parsley, minced
- Baguette slices or pita chips
- Peel eggplants with the Paring Knife and cut into thin strips with the Royal Cutter (Cone #2).
- In the 5-quart Mixing Bowl, mix water, vinegar and salt. Soak eggplants there for 24 hours (covered). Stir occasionally to make sure all strips are covered by the vinegar mixture.
- After 24 hours, remove eggplants and squeeze well with your hands by making small balls. Discard vinegar mixture.
- Undo eggplant balls and place them in the other bowl. Add oil, garlic and parsley; stir well. Adjust salt if needed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve over baguette slices or with pita chips.
Chef’s Note: You may also use the Chef’s Knife to cut eggplants. In that case, you will need to peel them, slice them and then cut them into thin strips. Enhance the flavor of the baguette slices by spreading olive oil, crushed garlic and minced parsley on top; toast them on the Double Griddle.