- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- 10½-inch Skillet with Cover
- Ladle (6-piece Kitchen Tool Set)
- ½ cup scallion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1½ cups skim milk
- Low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Cut vegetables. Preheat 10½-inch Skillet at medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add scallion and celery; cook for 2 minutes, while continuously stirring. Add potatoes, cilantro, black pepper, and salt to taste; stir for 2 more minutes.
- Stir chicken broth and cover skillet with the Redy-cook® valve open. When it whistles (in about 2-3 minutes,) reduce heat to low, close the valve, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the stove off, remove cover, add milk, and mix.
- With the Ladle, add contents in the Xtractor™. Make sure to include enough liquid every time the mixture is poured in. Once you are done processing, add the contents from both Xtractor™ containers in the same skillet where you had cooked the ingredients.
- Warm up the soup to desire temperature, while stirring for approximately 3 to 5 minutes at medium heat. Serve and garnish with shredded cheese.
Chef’s Note: In order to avoid additional fat, this delicious soup can be prepared without adding oil or butter. If desired, you could add 1 tablespoon olive oil before stirring scallion and celery into the skillet.