- 2-quart Saucepan
- 8-inch Gourmet skillet
- Chef’s Knife
- Junior Steamer/Colander
- 1-quart Mixing Bowl
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- 5-quart Mixing Bowl
- 1 cups tomato, diced
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 ½ cups romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 6 ounces whole wheat rotini noodles
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 2 slices turkey bacon (1.5 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
With the Chef’s Knife, cut tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, thyme, and lettuce. In the 2-quart Saucepan cook the rotini noodles according to the package directions. Drain the pasta in the Junior Steamer/Colander and mix it with milk in the 3-quart Mixing Bowl; set aside.
In the 8-inch Gourmet Skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Let it drain on paper towel. Remove all drippings from the skillet. Add tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, and thyme to the skillet and mix until warmed; season with salt and pepper to taste. Crush the bacon into small pieces and save 1 tablespoon for garnish. Combine the bacon and tomato mixture with the pasta.
In the 1-quart Mixing Bowl add mayonnaise, sour cream, and chives; mix well.
In the 5-quart Mixing Bowl combine the pasta and lettuce; tossed in the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with the reserved bacon and chives.
Chef’s Tip: With only 375 calories per serving, our BLT Pasta Salad can be enjoyed as a lite lunch!