What’s for dinner? The best way to answer that question is asian pork meatballs and rice! This recipe is going to be one of your new favorite meals. With ginger, teriyaki, garlic, lime and sesame oil you’ll have a flavor filled meal that’s also healthy and quick.
Making meatballs might sound daunting, but we promise it won’t take you more than a few minutes to mix the ingredients and scoop them into balls. We recommend using a small cookie scoop to get the same size for all your meatballs, of course a spoon and your hands works too.
We love to add fresh vegetables to our recipes and with your Kitchen Charm cookware it only takes a few minutes to perfectly cook veggies and add them to any meal! In this recipe we use zucchini and shredded carrots cooked with just a little bit of water and salt and pepper.
To cook these veggies and pretty much any vegetable the waterless way you can follow this method- add the veggies and a few tablespoons of water to your cookware, place the lid on with the Redy-cook valve open. Cook over medium heat until the whistle sounds. Close the whistle, lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 3-5 more minutes. This method will result in perfectly crisp tender veggies every time!
To cook meatballs the waterless, greaseless way is so simple! Follow these steps to get perfectly cooked meatballs!
Step 1: Preheat the Kitchen Charm 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating. Add meatballs to pan in one layer.
Step 2: Place lid on ajar and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Turn meatballs and then place lid on with Redy-cook valve closed. Cook for 4 minutes.
Step 4: Remove lid, add teriyaki sauce and using a spatula mix the meatballs into the sauce so they are fully coated. Place lid on with Redy-cook valve closed and cook for 4 minutes.
Step 5: When you open the lid the sauce should be bubbly and the meatballs cooked through. Serve with your rice and veggies and Enjoy!
Asian Pork Meatballs & Rice
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon of Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- Trim and thinly slice green onions and separate the whites from the greens.
- Make the meatballs. In a medium bowl combine pork, Panko, ginger, garlic, green onion whites, 1 tablespoon of Teriyaki sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper. Mix well until fully incorporated. Form into 1 inch balls. Set aside while you cook the rice & zucchini.
- Cook rice. In the 2 or 3 quart Kitchen Charm saucepan add the water and rice. Put lid on with Redy-cook valve open; turn heat to medium high and wait for whistle to sound. Close Redy-cook valve and turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 12 minutes. When rice is finished remove from heat and leave covered until ready to serve.
- Cook the zucchini and carrots. After slicing the zucchini season with salt and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons water, zucchini and carrots in the 10.5” Kitchen Charm skillet, put the lid on with Redy-cook valve open on medium heat. Wait for the whistle to sound, when it does close the valve, lower the heat to medium low and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and toss in a bowl with sesame oil. Set aside
- Cook the meatballs. With a paper towel wipe out your skillet. Preheat 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating. Add meatballs to pan in one layer. Place lid on ajar and cook for 5 minutes. Turn meatballs and then place lid on with Redy-cook valve closed. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove lid, add teriyaki sauce and using a spatula mix the meatballs into the sauce so they are fully coated. Place lid on with Redy-cook valve closed and cook for 4 minutes.
- Finish and Serve. Fluff rice with a fork, divide between bowls. Top rice with veggies and meatballs. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce from pan, onion greens and a squeeze of lime! Enjoy!