- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken, bone in, fat removed, divided into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cups carrot, chopped
- 4 cups potato, chopped
- 2 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 chicken flavor bouillon cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill two thirds of the 8-quart Dutch Oven with water. Add chicken pieces and garlic cloves.
- Cover with the Redi-Temp valve open and cook at medium-high. When the valve whistles (in about 8 minutes), reduce temperature to medium. Stir in remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with the valve closed and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked.
- Serve immediately with tortillas or your favorite bread. Reserve left over chicken for the other two recipes.