- ¾ cups bacon, chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- ¾ cups red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup pigeon peas, cooked and drained
- ½ cup stuffed green olives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Preheat the 6-quart Dutch Oven at medium-high temperature for 3 minutes. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring. Add onion, tomato, bell peppers and garlic; stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth and coconut milk; stir well. Reduce temperature to low, cover with the Redy-cook closed and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add beans, pigeon peas, olives, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste; cover with the valve closed and cook for 3 extra minutes. Serve.