- Paella Pan with Cover
- Carving Knife
- Chef’s Knife
- 1 (8-ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 slices oven-baked ham, diced (1/4 pound)
- 1 cup red pepper, diced, stemmed and seeded
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped, stemmed and seeded
- 1/8 cup olives, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 cup fat free canned chicken broth
- ½ can chipotle chiles (1 tablespoon of the sauce will be used)
- ¼ cup Italian dressing, fat free
- ¼ cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
With the Carving Knife, cut the chicken breasts into halves and dice the ham. On a different cutting board, slice the red and jalapeño peppers, green onions, olives, zucchini, and tomatoes using the Chef’s Knife.
Preheat Paella Pan at medium-high temperature for 4 minutes; add the chicken breasts and cook for 4 minutes with the cover slightly open. Turn over the chicken, cover and leave the Redy-cook valve open; let chicken cook for 2 minutes; remove it and set it on a plate.
Add rice, tomato juice and chicken broth to the Paella Pan; cover and cook at medium heat with valve open. When it whistles, add the chicken and all the remaining ingredients (except the cheese). Cover and cook at the same temperature with the valve open; once it whistles, reduce temperature to low and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the mozzarella cheese; cover again, close the valve and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.