- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- 4-quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- 5-quart Mixing Bowl
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- Junior Colander
- 1 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, small diced
- ½ cup red onion, small diced
- ½ cup black beans, precooked
- 2 cups prewashed quinoa
- 4 cups shelled edamame (soy beans)
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 limes (freshly squeezed)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Cut vegetables. Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear; drain.
- In the Dutch oven, add 4 cups water; cover with the Redy-cook® valve open and cook at medium-high temperature until it whistles (about 5 minutes). Add quinoa, reduce temperature to low; cover with the valve closed and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer drain quinoa and add it to the 5-quart Mixing Bowl; cool off for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In the same saucepan, add 6 cups water and edamame beans; cover with the valve open and cook at medium-high heat until it whistles (about 6 minutes). Reduce temperature to low and, when the valve stops whistling, close it and cook for 7 minutes.
- With the Junior Colander, drain edamame beans and add them to the 3-quart Mixing Bowl; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Join remaining ingredients with quinoa in the 5-quart Mixing Bowl; mix well. Serve.