Strawberry and Brownie Santa Hats
Add a little holiday Ho, Ho, Ho to your dessert table with our Santa Hat Strawberry Brownie Bites. We love the way these guys add so much personality to a holiday party!
- 20 strawberries
- 1 box brownie mix
- White butter cream frosting – You can either use store bought or make your own. Here’s a secret tip to make this a little easier. Let your frosting sit in the refrigerator for a bit to stiffen up so it can hold the strawberry in place.
- Cool whip for the tip of the Santa hat
- A small round biscuit cutter (these usually come in a set)
Butter Cream Frosting
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanillas extract (we use pure vanilla extract)
- Beat the butter until smooth
- Add all the ingredients and beat together.
Side Note: If you need to add more liquid, add milk a teaspoon at a time until the consistency is just right.
Directions and Assembly
1. Wash and cut the tops off the strawberries. Hull them, cut out the white center. This also gives the frosting the opportunity to squish up into the strawberry and hold it in place a little better. Also be sure to let your dry completely on a paper towel.
2. Make brownies according to the directions on the box. Make sure they are completely cooled before you add your frosting or it will melt. Use a small pan to bake these in so your brownies are thicker – an 8×8 pan is perfect.
3. Cut out your brownie circles with your biscuit cutter.
4. Add a large dollop of frosting to the brownie. We used a pastry bag to pipe on the icing. If you don’t have a pastry bag use a large baggie with the end corner snipped off.
5. Add strawberry on top of frosting.
6. Using a pastry bag or a baggie put whipped topping in bag and with the corner cut off add a small dap of whipped cream tip to the top of the strawberry.
Life is Delicious