Light, fresh and delicious this citrus salmon is an easy dinner to get on the table! We love it served with cilantro lime rice for a quick and healthy weeknight meal. Easily double this recipe to serve 4.
Step 1: Preheat 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating.
Step 2: Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in skillet.
Step 3: Add veggies
Step 4: Add citrus slices
Step 5: Pour orange juice in skillet
Step 6: Reduce heat to low, cover with the Redy-cook valve closed and cook
It is always great to have several recipes that are fast and easy in your dinner rotation. This recipe for citrus salmon is especially great because it tastes delicious and is good for you! Salmon is rich in omega 3’s and B vitamins as well as an excellent source of protein. Paired with fresh veggies and sweet citrus you’ve got a flavor and nutrient filled dinner!
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 whole orange sliced
- 1 Orange juiced
- 6 Stalks asparagus diagonal cuts
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 Red bell pepper – Julienne cut
- 1 Green bell pepper – Julienne cut
- 1 Zucchini sliced
- Old bay seasoning
- Season salmon with Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Preheat 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating.
- Place salmon fillets in skillet, add remaining vegetables, orange and lemon slices and squeeze all the juice of the other orange over the salmon.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with the Redy-cook valve closed and cook for 8 minutes, or until salmon is ready. Serve with your favorite rice or salad. We love it with cilantro lime rice