- 4 quart Dutch Oven
- 10” Gourmet Skillet
- Chef’s Knife
- 8 ounces fresh pappardelle pasta
- 2 cloves garlic; smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce white truffle oil
- 4 ounces fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces grated parmigiano reggiano
Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
Preheat 10” Gourmet Skillet to medium low heat; add olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic gently; make sure it does not brown – about 4 minutes. Add pasta directly from the water to your Gourmet Skillet.
Remove pan from heat and add all remaining ingredients except fresh basil. Toss pasta to coat then add basil and lightly toss.
Chef David’s Tip: If pasta is too thick you can add some pasta water to loosen it up, start with a couple of tablespoons and then you can add more if desired.