- 16 ounce package of fresh tortellini
- 1 medium carrot; grated
- 1 small celery rib; finely chopped
- ½ yellow onion; chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 4 ounces ground veal
- 1 (4oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 (8oz) can of whole peeled san marzano tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme; chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat 4 quart Dutch Oven to medium heat. Add olive oil and cook vegetables thoroughly; until soft. Once vegetables are soft, add ground pork and veal; stirring constantly until cooked through. Add tomato paste; be careful not to burn the paste (approx. 3 minutes). Add remaining ingredients except milk.
Reduce heat to low, cook for 1 hour occasionally stirring. Mix in the milk, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve in a heated bowl, ladle sauce over pasta and serve.