High Heel Cupcakes
It’s bridal shower season and we know that gets you really excited to have all your closest friends in one place sharing fun stories that go all the way back to high school while indulging on tasty bites of food and fun flirty girly adult beverages. Bridal showers are just one of the many soirees’ you’ll get to enjoy during your engagement.
We have a really fun, creative and interactivity idea for your bridal shower…make your own high heel cupcake! Who doesn’t love a yummy cupcake covered in sweet icing and sparkles and a great pair of heals! After all what girl doesn’t love an opportunity to kick up her heels especially when they are as adorable as our high heel cupcakes. We even have a video to guide you through making them.
On the shower invitation ask all your friends to wear their favorite pair of heels. Your hostess could inquire ahead of time what colors the guest’s heels are and have items to decorate and build their high heel cupcake like the heels they’re sporting. Build your heels becomes one of the fun games at the shower.
These stylish cupcakes will disappear in a delicious instant and your friends will have so much fun making them!
You’ll need, unfrosted cupcakes, you can either make your own from either scratch or a box mix. The main point here is to pick cute cupcake papers. We used 2 cupcake papers per cupcake. When baked the cake has a tendency to wash out the colors of the cupcake papers. For the frosting you can make your own which tastes better or use store bought. You’ll need various food coloring’s, sanding sugars and sprinkles. For the sole of your high heel you can either use graham crackers, Milano cookies or Lady Finger cookies. For the spike heel you will need Pirouettes or you could use pretzel rods and you’ll need candy melts in various colors. You can pick these up at any craft store.
- Frost your cupcakes
- Dip the top of your cupcake into your sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- Take a graham cracker and cut (or break) it in half. Place your graham cracker on a cutting board. Using a knife, round off one end. In our opinion this is the hardest part. Don’t get discouraged if you break a few.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Make an angle cut on your Pirouette cookie stick. Dip in your candy melt and set aside.
- When you are ready to attach the arch and heel, take a knife and cut out an L shape in the cupcake. Removing the small piece of the cupcake and frosting. This is where you’ll insert the arch. Add a small amount of the candy melt or frosting to the cut out area of the cake. Add the arch to the cupcake and then attach the heel.
- With a spoon take the candy melt and spread it on the graham cracker. Don’t worry if it’s left a bit bumpy.
- Next, you’ll pipe frosting along the edges of your cracker. You can use a piping bag and tip, or you can use a zip lock bag, just snip the end off. Keep in mind that you are piping on FROSTING, not your candy melts.
- Put any other candy on the arch that you may want.
There’s only one rule to decorating these high heel cupcakes… have fun with it!
Life is Delicious!