- Chef’s Knife
- 1-quart Mixing Bowl
- Junior Steamer/Colander
- 1½ quart Saucepan with Cover
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
Kitchen Charm Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped (jarred)
1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1½ cups green peas
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Kitchen Charm Salad Dressing:
- With the Chef’s Knife, mince red onion and cilantro.
- In the 1-quart Mixing Bowl, add red onion, salt, black pepper and lime juice; mix well. Add cilantro, honey and olive oil. Mix and set aside in the refrigerator.
- With the Chef’s Knife, chop red peppers and cilantro.
- In the Junior Steamer/Colander, rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain. Repeat the same step with white beans and kidney beans.
- In the 1½ quart Saucepan, add quinoa and 1¾ cups water. Cover and leave the Redy-cook valve open. Cook at medium heat. When the valve whistles (in about 6 minutes), reduce temperature to low and close the valve. Simmer until tender and liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Uncover and let cool. Mix cooled quinoa, white beans, kidney beans, red peppers, green peas and cilantro in the 3-quart Mixing Bowl. Add Kitchen Charm Dressing and toss well. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.