- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- 1½-quart Saucepan
- Round Grill
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- Paring Knife
- Cake Pan (7-piece Bakeware Set)
Salsa Ranchera Ingredients:
- ¼ cup yellow onion, julienned
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup jalapeno, seeded and sliced ??
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cilantro sprigs
Stuffed Peppers Ingredients:
- 4 Poblano peppers
- 1½ cups Chihuahua cheese (Mexican Style Cheese Quesadilla), cut into thick slices
- ½ pound shrimp, precooked
- 4 egg whites
Salsa Ranchera Procedure:
- Chop vegetables with the Chef’s Knife as instructed.
- Preheat the 1 ½ -quart Saucepan at medium-high for 3 minutes. Add olive oil, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes and garlic; reduce heat to medium and stir for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and tomato juice; stir for 3 minutes. Add the bay leaves and cilantro; stir for 3 minutes. Cover and turn off the stove.
Stuffed Peppers Procedure:
- Preheat Round Grill at medium-high for 3 minutes. Place Poblano peppers and grill for 9 minutes, or until the skin is blackened and blistered on all sides; turn frequently.
- Place peppers in the 3-quart Mixing Bowl and cover; let cool off for 3 minutes. Remove peppers and peel them.
- Slice cheese; cut each pepper lengthwise and remove seeds with the Chef’s Knife. Using the Paring knife, peel shrimp, remove tail and cut into small pieces. Stuff peppers with shrimp, cheese and Salsa Ranchera.
- In the bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Pour over stuffed peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. In the Cake Pan, place stuffed peppers and bake for 10 minutes.
Chef’s Note: To give a more golden color to the peppers, place in broiler for 2 minutes. If you want the salsa spicier, add the jalapenos with seed.