- 14-inch Paella Pan with Cover
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- 2 pounds fresh seafood, cleaned
- 2½ cups rice, uncooked
- 7 cups water
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup assorted bell peppers, julienned
- ¼ cup celery, julienned
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Lime juice to taste, freshly squeezed
- In the 14-inch Paella Pan, preheat olive oil at high heat for 4 minutes, or until oil is very hot. Sauté garlic, bell peppers, celery and cilantro with a pinch of oregano for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and rice; sauté for 2 minutes. Pour 3 cups water and when it starts boiling (in about 3 minutes), add seafood and reduce temperature to low.
- Add 4 additional cups water and salt. Stir once and cook for 25 minutes with the cover on and the Redy-cook® valve open.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle lime juice to taste. You may serve “asopao” with avocado or fried plantains.