Loaded Potato Salad
Let’s face it when you think about the must have dishes at a great summer BBQ’s potato salad is one of those dishes that come to mind. Don’t you love a good potato salad with those yummy toppings and bits of bacon? I mean who can resist bacon, cheese and sour cream? Then try our loaded potato salad!
This recipe for loaded potato salad is simple and the perfect waterless recipe when cooked in your Kitchen Charm cookware. It’s a beautiful salad that pares perfectly with grilled burgers or chicken. Keep it in the fridge for lunchtime munching; it’s just delicious and full of that loaded potato savory flavor you love.
We love this recipe because you likely have all the ingredients on hand in your fridge and pantry and let’s be honest, sometimes we forget all about that BBQ we were invited to until a few hours before.
We used petite red potatoes and didn’t peel them because their skins are thinner than regular potatoes and full of nutritious vitamins. Bonus, we love no peeling. Just rinse and give them a quick scrub.
• 5 Cups quartered red potatoes
• 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 Cup sour cream
• 1/4 Cup mayo
• 1 tsp Garlic salt
• 5 Pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled
• 2 Green onions, sliced
• 4 TBLS water
1. Rinse and clean your potatoes.
2. Quarter your potatoes and add them to a 2 quart sauce pan, add the water, put lid on with Redy-cook valve open. Turn heat to medium and wait for whistle to sound. Turn heat to low, close Redy-cook valve, cook for an additional 10 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and put in the fridge to cool.
3. While the potatoes are cooking preheat the 10.5” skillet on medium high for 3 minutes. Place bacon in skillet with lid a jar and Redy-cook valve opened, cook for 3 – 4 minutes on each side until bacon is done. If you use thicker bacon it may take longer. Remove bacon from pan and let cool and drain on a paper towel.
4. Chop bacon.
5. In a large bowl mix sour cream, mayo and garlic salt until well combined.
6. In the dressing bowl add cooked cooled potatoes, bacon, cheese and dressing mixture. Put back in the fridge and serve cold.
Life is Delicious