We love a fresh salad full of flavor and this recipe for couscous salad with portobello mushrooms is one of our favorites! With portobello mushrooms, bell peppers and sun dried tomatoes there is no short of healthy veggies and delicious flavors.
For an extra beautiful presentation you can layer the salad like we did, just use a circle cookie cutter and pack the couscous in tightly then remove the cookie cutter. Once you have a nice bed of couscous add the rest of the ingredients on top. It looks super impressive and it’s so easy!
The ingredients for this salad are simple and healthy. Full of good for you nutrients! We love the huge punch of flavor that sun dried tomatoes add to any dish, and paired with goat cheese this salad is decadent and delicious!
Your first step is to cook the couscous in your Kitchen Charm 3 qt. saucepan.
Next you will cook your veggies the waterless way in our favorite Kitchen Charm 10.5″ skillet.
As if the salad didn’t already have great taste when you add our strawberry vinaigrette you’ve got a salad you’re sure to make again and again. We keep any extra of this dressing in the fridge for a few weeks to enjoy.
Couscous Salad with Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Box Garlic Israeli Couscous- about 2 cups
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Big Portabella mushroom sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper – Julianne sliced
- 1 Green bell Pepper – Julianne sliced
- ¼ Cup Sundried tomatoes
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1 Log honey goat cheese
- ¼ Cup Sundried tomatoes – Chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary chopped
- ¼ Cup Red wine vinegar
- ¼ Cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 1 Cup fresh strawberries
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- ¼ Cup Roasted almonds
- 1 Cup Micro greens
- In the 3 quart sauce pan add water and couscous, put lid on with Redi-Temp valve open, turn heat to medium and wait for whistle. Lower heat, close Redi-Temp valve and cook for 7 additional minutes. Turn heat off, remove from heat and set aside.
- With the food cutter use the #4 cone and cut the portabella mushrooms and the red & green bell peppers. Or cut them into thin slices.
- In the 10.5” skillet add olive oil and heat to medium for 2 minutes. Add red and green bell peppers, portobello mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes; sauté for 2 minutes or until al dente. Add lid; turn heat off and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes and rosemary; mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl add strawberries and smash with a potato masher. Add sugar, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and whisk in olive oil. Make sure you add your olive oil last as the whisking process emulsifies the dressing.
- Assemble the salad. Start with a bed of couscous; about a ¾ cup. Place a quarter of the veggie mixture on top of couscous; followed by the goat chess mixture. Garnish with roasted almonds and micro greens.
- Drizzle entire dish with the strawberry vinaigrette.