- 8-inch Gourmet Skillet with Cover
- Carving Knife
- Chef’s Knife
- 5-quart Mixing Bowl
- 1-quart Mixing Bowl
- 2 (6-ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1½ cups pineapple, diced
- 1½ cups papaya, diced
- 5 cups shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup toasted cashew halves and pieces
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with salt to taste.
- Preheat the 8-inch Gourmet Skillet at medium-high heat for 2 minutes. To confirm the correct temperature has been met, add a few drops of water to the skillet. The drops should bounce and sizzle, instead of evaporating.
- Place chicken into the skillet; cook one side for 5 minutes with the cover ajar. Reduce temperature to medium-low, flip chicken breasts, cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove chicken and let it cool for 5 minutes. Using the Carving Knife, dice chicken into medium chunks.
- With the Chef’s Knife, dice pineapple and papaya. In the 5-quart Mixing Bowl, combine pineapple, papaya, red cabbage, and chicken. Toss lightly to mix.
- In the 1-quart Mixing Bowl, stir together mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, ¼ cup cashews, 1 teaspoon white pepper, and salt to taste.
- Drizzle dressing and sprinkle remaining cashews over each salad portion.