- 1 pound medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 – 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion; sliced
- 1 – 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of celery cut; sliced
- 1/3 cup of bell peppers; chopped
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
Combine all of the ingredients except for the shrimp and the cornstarch in a large skillet. Turn on medium heat and cover until the valve sounds rapidly – approx. 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Next, mix the cornstarch and 1/8 cup of water in a glass until it is fully dissolved. Once the vegetables are done, add the shrimp and the cornstarch mixture into the skillet and cook until the shrimp is cooked (bright pink throughout) and the sauce has thickened approx. 6-8 minutes.