- 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 cups water
- 1 medium white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 corn on the cob, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 chayote squash, cut in 2-inch strips
- 1 celery stick, cut in 2-inch strips
- 2 carrots, cut in 1-inch rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut in 2-inch rounds
- ½ head of cabbage, quartered
- Salt to taste
- Combine water, beef chuck, onion, and garlic cloves in 8-quart Dutch Oven. Cover with the Redi-Temp valve open and cook at medium-high until the valve whistles, in about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, degrease and remove garlic cloves. Add remaining ingredients, and cover with the valve open. Cook at medium-high until the valve whistles again, in about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste, stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover with the valve closed and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and serve hot immediately.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with warm corn tortillas or tostadas, and garnish with avocado slices.