- Chef’s Knife
- 4-quart Dutch Oven
- 3-quart Mixing Bowl
- Round Slotted Masher
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 ounce turkey bacon, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 pound Swiss chard leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup potato, cubed
- 1/3 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 (14 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Pinch of fresh rosemary springs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
With the Chef’s Knife, cut the vegetables according to the instructions. Preheat the 4-quart Dutch Oven at medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the onion, carrots, celery, turkey bacon and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the Swiss chard and potato; sauté for another 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and rosemary sprig. Cover with Redy-cook valve open. When it whistles (3 minutes), reduce temperature to low, close valve and cook for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, add ½ of the black beans in the 3-quart Mixing Bowl and using the Round Slotted Masher, mash until fully puree.
In the 4-quart Dutch Oven, add bean puree, the remaining whole black beans, the beef broth and the parmesan cheese. Cover with Redy-cook valve open and cook at medium heat. When the valve whistles (approximately 2 minutes), add the parsley and reduce temperature to low. Cover again with valve closed and cook for 10 more minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve hot.