- 10 ½” Skillet
- Carving Knife
- Chef’s Knife
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, fat-free and low-sodium
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern Beans
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces low-fat Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces fat free sour cream
With the Carving Knife, dice the chicken breasts. On another cutting board, cut the vegetables according to the instructions, using the Chef’s Knife.
Preheat the 10 ½” Skillet at medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; sauté garlic and chicken. Add chicken broth, beans, onion, carrot, cumin, and oregano. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve garnished with shredded cheese and a dollop of fat-free sour cream.
Chef’s Tip: For extra spice, add in fresh jalapenos.
Special “Thanks” to our Kitchen Charm Distributor Kathy Magee for this great recipe!