9 Awesome Wedding Planning Apps
Found the love of your life, check, got engaged, check. You’re blissfully happy and then at some point the realization of OMG I have to plan this wedding…a wave of panic rushes over you with the thought of how do I do this, where do I start? How do I find the time to get it all done…From tracking down your dream gown to compiling guest lists and all the flower arrangements in between. Wedding planning can be overwhelming. Don’t panic, there are a whole slew of apps at your beck and call to help streamline the process, stay social with your bridal party and some may even save you money on wedding services. Take a breath and relax, we have you covered! We did some research and have put together a list of what we think are the 9 best wedding apps worthy of a download to your mobile devices and to simplify your wedding planning.
- Pinterest – We love all the collaborative, creative, DIY ideas and efforts that have gone into making Pinterest #1 with brides. Think of it like the world’s largest interactive wedding magazine. You can search anything from floral arrangements, lighting, cake designs tablescapes, and it’s endless what you can find. If you’ve never used Pinterest now is the time to start. You want to keep your ideas to yourself for now? No problems create secret boards to ensure privacy and the app makes it all portable. (Free; iTunes.)
- The Knot Wedding Dress Lookbook – On the big day all eyes are on you miss bride to be and your walk down the aisle. That can put a lot of pressure on a gal to find the perfect dress! Not to sweat, The Knot has created the perfect app for you, The Knot wedding dress look book app! This app has over 10,000 dresses all for your viewing pleasure; be it while you are taking a break at work, sitting in the doctor’s office or sitting on the couch with your besties. Plus, you can safe your favorites, sort for specific styles and details and find local bridal salons nearby. (Free; iTunes.)
- Appy Couple – This much-buzzed-about service allows users to create a personal wedding site and app to share important travel, lodging and event information with guests. Settings can be made private or public. Plus, couples can filter certain event updates for specific groups (i.e., bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner) and there is unlimited photo storage. ($28 setup fee for couple, app download free for all guests; iTunes. Further customizations begin at $125 for a color change.)
- Postable – Postable is the answer to every bride’s hated chore of gathering names to create her invitation lists and send thank you notes. With Postable, brides send out one email to friends and family, sharing a link to an address book. They fill out a form and magically everyone’s information is organized in a neat file for sending invitations, thank you notes and more. Here’s the biggest bonus: Postable offers a function in which users can type a note that will print out in a “handwritten” font. (Free. Postable.com)
- ProWedding Planner – This app is for type A brides who want to manage every detail. This app practically does it all, it has a seating-plan utility and it allows users to create an augmented reality by uploading images of the reception site. You can then decorate the room your phones to see how everything will look. When that’s done, it tracks RSVPs, to-do-lists and budgets all in the same space. Who needs a wedding planner when you can use ProWedding Planner!($4.99; iTunes)
- Gift Registry 360 – Created by the Knot, this app lets brides and grooms add items to their registry from any online store by scanning the barcode information and condensing everything to a single list. We think this app is a must have and purchased items are updated automatically. (Free. iTunes.)
- Vyclone – On your wedding day, wouldn’t you like to capture as much as possible? Friends and family can now be a real part of capturing all the wedding day memories. Tell friends and family to download Vyclone. This app compiles all your guests’ wedding videos and mashes them up into a seamless video. Super creative types can continue to edit the reel and add a soundtrack right from their phone.
- Switchcam – If you don’t want to hire a videographer but do want your wedding day story preserved with a professional twist then this is the app for you. The app aggregates all of your guest’s video and photo uploads for free. But for $299, an editor will blend the footage together for a three-to-five minute highlight video. This can literally slash the cost of a wedding video by thousands of dollars. ($299 for editing service; otherwise free; iTunes)
- Spotify – This app is great to use for compiling the perfect wedding playlist. This task is usually one the groom enthusiastically agrees to take on without having to ask him a second and third time. With this app you can each create playlists and can share with one another.We hope these 9 wedding planning apps will help to simplify and take some of the stress out of planning your big day.
Life is Delicious!